Tōā’s values mean that we are interested in empowering others and creating long-term sustainable change. We are looking for like-minded passionate people who can grow with us to achieve our mission. We are not interested in maintaining the status quo, so if you can think outside of the box, then take a look at our current vacancies below or get in contact at email@example.com.
Want to share your knowledge of te reo Māori and culture with others? Are you energetic, dynamic and love working with young children in innovative ways? Think you’ll be confident leading our programme in early childhood centres? We’re looking for potential kaiako to lead our programme throughout Auckland.
You may be a fluent te reo speaker; you might not. You might have a formal qualification working with children; you might not. You might have a tertiary degree; you might not. We’re more interested in who you are and what you can contribute to our mission and the Tōā whānau rather than ticking boxes. What you absolutely must bring is:
- a passion for and drive to contribute to our mission
- knowledge of a Māori world view
- te reo ability – while ideally you’d be fluent or hold some form of qualification, this is not a pre-requisite. However, you must be committed to your own learning journey
- experience working with and establishing a rapport with children
- the ability to learn quickly (we’ll train up the right people)
- reliability and punctuality
- the ability to represent our kaupapa professionally and with confidence
- clean driver’s license
- cultural intelligence
You’ll also need to clear a police check given that you’ll be working with children.
What we can offer the right people is rewarding work, a supportive working environment, and the potential to earn a good hourly rate.